Event Planning Internship
H2 Marketing & Branding is an innovative, full-service agency with big clients and big ideas. Most of our team works remotely, but we still find plenty of time to meet in person to brainstorm ideas and collaborate on projects. We expect our interns to work on assigned projects both on their own and in their arranged team meetings and worksession (at least two times per week.)
We are looking for a responsible, deadline-driven, creative and motivated Event Planning Intern to work with our team on a wide-variety of client accounts. This intern will use their eagerness and natural enthusiasm to provide assistance with event planning, design, communication, execution and management.
- Assist with the proactive planning, communication and scheduling of a wide variety of events including dinners, conferences, networking events and special interest meeting groups.
- Help find event sponsors and with the creation and coordination of all promotional materials.
- Participate in planning committee meetings and perform tasks such as distributing the agenda and taking minutes.
- Help secure all needed equipment and materials.
- Assist with the on-site set-up and tear-down.
- Assist with sponsor acknowledgements and guest follow-ups.
- Assist team with client campaigns, marketing plans and operational function to our company’s standards.
- Assist with the coordination and creation of various marketing and branding materials as they relate to all company and client events.
- Participate in ongoing marketing and business strategy development, media training sessions, presentations and brainstorming sessions.
- Gain general knowledge of each client’s marketing and branding strategy.
- Apply your knowledge of the client’s products and brand to the development of a customized marketing strategy.
- Assist the team with the preparation of client proposals, reports and presentations.
Requirements / Skills:
- Junior or Senior level college student majoring in marketing, communications, event coordination, public relations or a related field.
- Understanding of basic marketing techniques.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to adhere to a schedule, meet deadlines and prioritize in a changing environment.
- Work some nights and weekends for events and promotions.
- Ability to work individually and on a team.
While this internship is unpaid at the onset, there is the opportunity for advancement and compensation upon your 90-day review.
To apply, please send your resume and relevant work examples to