Public Relations Internship
Public relations specialist
H2 Marketing & Branding is an innovative, full-service agency with big clients and big ideas. Most of our team works remotely, but we still find plenty of time to meet in person to brainstorm ideas and collaborate on projects. We expect our interns to work on assigned projects both on their own and in their arranged team meetings and worksession (at least two times per week.)
We are looking for a responsible, deadline-driven, creative and motivated Public Relations Intern to work with our team on a wide-variety of client accounts. This intern will use their outstanding written and verbal communication skills to help expand clients’ profits and increase visibility.
- Assist with the development and distribution of all public relations materials such as press releases, client reports, newsletters and blogs.
- Build and maintain relationship with relevant local and national media outlets.
- Assist with the proofing of all print and digital materials for style, grammar, etc.
- Assist in the creation, updating and editing of social media accounts as directed for certain clients.
- Assist with the distribution of client information and materials or the company’s marketing materials.
- Perform general research relating to client projects.
- Assist team with client campaigns, marketing plans and operational function to our company’s standards.
- Participate in ongoing marketing and business strategy development, media training sessions, presentations and brainstorming sessions.
- Gain general knowledge of each client’s marketing and branding strategy.
- Apply your knowledge of the client’s products and brand to the development of a customized marketing strategy.
- Help develop innovative approaches that improve client service efficiency.
- Assist the team with the preparation of client proposals, reports and presentations.
Requirements / Skills:
- Junior or Senior level college student majoring in sales, marketing, communications, advertising, public relations or a related field.
- Understanding of basic marketing techniques.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to adhere to a schedule, meet deadlines and prioritize in a changing environment.
- Work some nights and weekends for events and promotions.
- Ability to work individually and on a team.
While this internship is unpaid at the onset, there is the opportunity for advancement and compensation upon your 90-day review.
To apply, please send your resume and relevant work examples to